Questions Received During "Questions from Jesus" Series
Questions to Jesus
- I know there are different opinions on the Gospels, whether it be the old or new testaments. Would you say that the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are the best to “tell” Your story?
- Do You really love me?
- People are hurting all around me, mentally and physically. Why aren’t You helping them?
- Why can’t I believe in You? Why is it so hard to?
- Why do there have to be weeds in God’s garden?
- Where did you go after You were crucified but before You rose from the dead?
- Paul says in Romans, “what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, I do.” In 2 Corinthians, he speaks of a thorn in his flesh, a messenger from Satan and that he pleased with You to take it away. You [Jesus] say ‘my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness’. Was Paul’s thorn a sin? Is the weakness since and the power Your ability to forgive sin completely? Is this why You say Your grace is sufficient? And if a thorn represents sin, did You carry our sin to the cross in a crown of thorns?
Questions to Faith Church
- Why is Easter on a different date every year?
- It seems there are stronger passages supporting Christians resurrecting after Christ’s return rather than dying and going to heaven. What convicts us that people die and go to heaven now?
- Does my child have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit if he/she is baptized but has not publicly accepted Christ or made profession of faith? In Acts 2, it says we receive the Holy Spirit when we are baptized.
- Can Faith Church have a service or Hot Topic on spiritual warfare? It’s a very real thing that we all go through and yet we aren’t taught how to handle or engage it.
- Why does the church talk about the refugee crisis when there are so many needs right here in our communities?
- I have difficulty praying for complete reliance on God due to fear of the trials in the future. Why does it seem our lives can become “messier” as Christians?
Check back (or subscribe) to see answers to some of these questions -- and keep sending in more questions through the text number or to .