As a member or regular attendee of Faith Church, preparing for your marriage is the most important part of your wedding planning. We have designed a process to follow in order to prepare you for a life-long commitment to marriage. You will complete the following requirements.
Begin your process by contacting, Becky Lead Wedding Coordinator with your date, time and pastor choice.
- Once your wedding date has been cleared and your forms have been turned in, you will meet with your pastor of choice who will give final approval for your wedding planning to move forward. This will be your first of at least 3 meetings with the pastor. The Lead Wedding Coordinator will give you that contact information. Next, you will:
- Pay your $200 deposit
- Meet with the Lead Wedding Coordinator to go over the Wedding Handbook
- You will hear from the Marriage Ministry Director regarding your Preparing for Marriage requirements
- Be assigned your Day of Wedding Coordinator who will contact you 5-6 months prior to your wedding date to begin planning the ceremony
- Sign up for one of the Preparing for Marriage 7-week Class sessions. You will be required to take this 7-week class if you are having a Faith Church wedding and/or using one of our Faith Church Pastors. The class will be offered two times each year. Please register individually - $25/person is the cost of the materials. If for some reason you are not able to attend this class, please contact Gina, the Marriage Ministry Director for options but we do ask that you make every effort to attend this class and make it a priority for 7 weeks.
The next class is offered from April 10 - May 22, 2019 from 7-9pm.
*If you are not a member of Faith Church and are looking for pre-marriage counseling or mentoring, please consider attending one of our Preparing for Marriage, 7-week Class sessions.We ask that you register individually - there will be a $25/person cost for the materials.
This class is open to all couples, and as part of the registration process for that class, we will ask you to take the Prepare/Enrich Inventory prior to the class starting. There is a separate fee of $35 paid directly to Prepare/Enrich for the inventory. You will receive that information following your registration for the class.
For more information please email Becky, the Lead Wedding Coordinator or call 219-864-0300 ext. 185.